December 26, 2010

Slam Dunk; Awakened!


It too k me a while to realize what this was all about. I came here very much excited about the new experience, got trapped and too tangled in a web of loss and depression. I know myself well enough this moment, remember all the troublesome daily chores I had to undergo to make it to school, then NGOs and then back home late at night to start working all night long on my life's work. I did not see how tough I was until I was here in this silly depression. Well, you know what? To hell with this insane and ridiculous feeling. My time here has been well-deserved, this scholarship was a bless from God and I deserve every bit of it. I ain't no any pedestrian, I knew this since I was 9 years old; I was never a pedestrian passing through life, I am here to change it.


I lived my whole life in a broken house, never had a backbone to reply on nor did I allow the bits and pieces of my family to be that because I know I am here fighting on my own. So, what is the difference coming in a society like America's. Sure it is bigger, tougher, easier to manage and much of it is laid back.  But ain't this the other side of life I always wondered about and what it would be like to be part of. What I learned from this is I do not like laziness, lack of achievement and purpose; life is worth not living this way. Forever I have been determined to change my community creating a better future for my baby sisters for the atrocities I have seen form a very early age.


I am way late, nonetheless, I set my mind on it and I am ready to go!


Time for work no more procrastinating; no more fears to hide from, hesitation ought to be severed from the heart, ambitions are racing and home is awaiting for the best of me!


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment